I hear there was a dusting of snow last night in New England and that western Massachusetts may get upwards of six inches of the white stuff in coming days. Wow. Meanwhile, here in Los Angeles, it is sunny and near 80 degrees. No complaining from this coast. In the spirit of the upcoming holiday, some locations, recipes, and costumes to whet your appetite for ‘spooky’ celebrations:
- Bran Castle (a.k.a. Dracula’s Castle) in Brasov, Romania is one location to visit if you’ve got a hankering for ghost stories (or blood?).
- I’ll be cooking up some of this pumpkin soup tonight (note to self: do not use Jack-o-Lantern pumpkins for soup, only the sugar pie kind)
- There are some entertaining (and timely) Halloween costume ideas out there, but this one may take the cake (too soon?).
- Wait, there’s a ‘pumpkin festival‘ and it’s the ‘biggest in the world’ and it’s just an hour from my hometown? Next year, you’ll know where to find me.
- Next time someone annoys you, throw them the finger, wearing this ring.
- Just kidding about Bran Castle. This place, Poenari Castle, claims to be the ‘real’ Dracula Castle. I vote for a castle show-down.
Enjoy the weekend, folks. Remember: only take one piece of candy per household and brush your teeth before bed.