Ahh, the Internets. What better way to travel the world these days than to browse the delightful pages of Pinterest? Some of my favorite blogs do their weekly end-of-the-week roundup, which I’ve decided to mimic with my own ‘favorites’ of the web today. And I’ve been thinking a lot about endings lately — may have something to do with the fact that I’ve made it my goal to ‘finish’ the latest draft of my novel by the end of July. Hidden in the folds of endings, though, is something uplifting: they always signal new beginnings.
Good-bye Spring, Hello Summer… Just a few links to inspire you for the season to come:
- I’m a recent convert to ‘dirty chai tea lattes’ (chai tea latte with a shot of espresso) and may just have to make my own iced chai after reading this recipe.
- A girl can dream…. Someday I plan to dig my toes into the sand on Cocoa Island.
- These cocktails are definitely in my future.
- Some good advice for ladies who, like myself, like to let it all hang free in summer months.
- On my summer reading list, my friend Peter Mountford’s new novel (which I had the pleasure of reading an excerpt from during our shared workshop at Breadloaf).
- I’m imagining a beautiful brightly-colored summer salad on these dishes.
- Given my anxiety as of yet regarding ‘endings,’ I guess I should follow this creed.
- This is the end, beautiful friend, my only friend, THE END(and the woman in that photo looks strikingly like my hippie mama, circa 1975).